Children’s Division (3-6 years old)
Introduce your child to the world of ballet in an enchanting class that includes magical fairy tale stories and dances. A new story is highlighted each week. Children must have turned three before the start of the session and must be potty trained. Not sure if your child is ready? Click HERE for helpful information! Students must receive teacher consent before advancing from the 3-4 ½ to the 4 ½-6 level.
PreBallet Division (5 ½-7 years old)
This ballet class focuses on establishing proper classical ballet technique. Students will begin basic barre exercises, learn choreography, and continue to explore movement with props and accessories. One ballet story is highlighted per session. Students must receive teacher consent before entering this division.
Ballet 1 & 1B (7-10 years old)
These levels continue to focus on proper classical ballet technique in the Storybook way … with creativity and a touch of magic! Students will be educated in the mechanics of the body, musicality, French terminology and classroom etiquette. Theatrical/performing qualities will be explored through choreography. Students must receive teacher consent before entering these levels. These levels utilize a year-round curriculum and therefore we do not advance students into these levels mid-year.
- Children’s Division: Any color leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Skirts and tutus are optional!
- Pre-Ballet Division: Pastel pink leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. We prefer split-sole shoes. No skirts please!
- Ballet I & IB Division: Black leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. We prefer split-sole shoes. No skirts please!
- Boys: White t-shirt, shorts or black tights, and ballet shoes.
- Hair Requirement: It is required that hair be pulled back away from the face. Long hair should be worn in a bun. Short hair should be held back with barrettes or a thick headband. A ballet bun is required starting in our PreBallet level. Ask us about our Hair Kits!
Three sessions of children’s ballet classes are offered each year. Winter/Spring (14 weeks), Summer (6 weeks), and Fall (14 weeks). We also offer Summer Camps!