Children’s Division (3-6 years old)
Introduce your child to the world of ballet in an enchanting class that includes magical fairy tale stories and dances. A new story is highlighted each week. Children must have turned three before the start of the session and must be potty trained. Students must receive teacher consent before advancing from the 3-4 ½ to the 4 ½-6 level.
Pre-Ballet Division (5 ½-7 years old)
This ballet class focuses on establishing proper classical ballet technique. Students will begin basic barre exercises, learn choreography and continue to explore movement with props and accessories. One ballet story is highlighted per session. Students must receive teacher consent before entering this division.
Ballet 1 & 1B (7-10 years old)
These levels continue to focus on proper classical ballet technique in the Storybook way … with creativity and a touch of magic! Students will be educated in the mechanics of the body, musicality, French terminology and classroom etiquette. Theatrical/performing qualities will be explored through choreography. Students must receive teacher consent before entering these levels. These levels utilize a year-round curriculum and therefore we do not advance students into these levels mid-year.
ROSY CHEEKS DANCEWEAR will be at our studio on Wednesday, Aug. 23rd, from 2:00-6:30 pm with a selection of ballet shoes, tights, and leotards. We are offering this as a convenience to our families! For more style/brand options, we suggest visiting the Monona location. Check or cash is preferred.
- Children: Any color leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes.
- Pre-Ballet: Pink leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes. No skirts.
- Ballet I & IB: Black leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes. No skirts.
- Boys: White T-shirt, shorts, socks and ballet shoes.
- Hair Requirement: It is required that hair be pulled back away from the face. Long hair should be worn in a bun. Short hair should be held back with barrettes or a thick headband.